Skip to main content

THE LOWDOWN ON EVE ENSLER'S EMOTIONAL CREATURE AT THE BAXTER+COOL PHOTO GALLERY & INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT EVE ENSLER!

Eve Ensler's Emotional Creature helps females embrace their inner Emotional Creature!
Updated:21 August 2014
Lara Lipschitz, Zethu Ngcakaza, Zakeeya Patel and I.
Yay!finally got to meet actress, Zakeeya Patel...Yes, I am a big fan.
Written by
Eve Ensler

Directed by
Jo Bonney

Music & music direction by
Charl-Johan Lingenfelder

The cast of Emotional Creature bust some cool moves on stage.
Emotional Creature, created by American playwright, Eve Ensler provided a perfect treat to young girls and women, as part of August being women's month! It enjoyed a successful 10 day run at The Baxter Flipside Theatre in Cape Town, which ended on Saturday, 16 August 2014.

               Q and A with Lara Lipschitz
Do people still refer to you as Lara from Yo TV &? How would you define your experience as a YoTV presenter?
 I pretty much grew up on that show. It defines 10 very important years of my life.
It exposed me to so many different kinds of places, people and experiences and taught me a great deal about the television industry.
I think only people around my age and older still remember me from Yo TV. It's nice to be recognized by those people, every now and then.

Did the fact that you started presenting at the age of 9 make you miss out on having a normal childhood?
In some ways Yo TV prevented me from participating in some school activities or social events. I would often leave school early to get to the studios in time to shoot, but school always came first and even though my friends and family were always supportive, they were never too phased about all the TV stuff, so they kept me “normal.” (If there is such a thing.)

The biggest myth about television presenting?(since people think it is all glamorous)
Well, firstly it’s not nearly as glamorous as most people might think. Like any job, it requires a lot of hard work, research, energy and passion, in order to do it well.

You had the opportunity to interview Nelson Mandela .What was that experience like?
I was only 9-years-old when I had the incredible privilege to meet and host Nelson Mandela on Yo TV. I just remember being in awe and feeling very special to be in his presence.

What are you currently busy with in terms of your career in the entertainment industry?
I produce, write and star in my own web series called CHIN UP! It is based on my life as an aspiring actress in Johannesburg. There are currently 6 episodes online, which completes season 1. I am busy working on the next season of the series. You can find it on my YouTube channel: LaraBowTV, or on the America Meet World website, whose aim is to introduce international comedy to American's.

How would you define your experience being part of Emotional Creature?
Being a part of Emotional Creature has been the most rewarding and incredible productions in my career so far. It has challenged me and forced me to be braver and more compassionate, not only in terms of my acting and the characters I play, but also with girls and women in general.

What would you say were some of the pros and cons being part of Emotional Creature?
The “pros” of being in the show are endless. A few are; to get to meet and work with Eve Ensler, Jo Bonney, Charl Lingenfelder and Gina Shmukler, as well as the beautiful and talented cast. To get to tell authentic girl stories and move audiences with their messages of empowerment and liberation. To have the chance to be brave and bold on stage every day.

The “cons” are possibly never feeling as soulfully satisfied with any other show after this one! To say goodbye to the cast and creative team. Honestly, it was a difficult show to do, but ultimately so rewarding that any “cons” I may have had, quickly dissolved, once I set foot on that stage with my fellow Emotional Creature cast.

3 things people do not know about you?
I am sometimes too honest.
I am constantly working on myself  physically and psychologically.
I have a very dry sense of humour.

Your ultimate guilty please?
Dark chocolate, a hot bath and a glass of delicious wine. Ooh, and a foot massage! ;)

Where do you yourself in 5 years from now in terms of your career in the entertainment industry?
I see myself producing and writing television shows. Working with people I love and representing South Africa on the international stage/screen.

Message to the women of Mzansi?
Support each other. Turn any jealousy you may have for your sister, or friend into passion and determination to make something great of yourself too. So, that we can all be fabulous, creative and powerful women together. Kubemnandi! ;)


The 85-minute-long production revealed the secret lives of girls around the world.

Emotional Creature bluntly touched on hard-hitting issues every young girl could to relate to - from peer pressure, sexuality, abuse to female insecurities .

The cast made up of 6 talented, young actresses - Barileng Malebye, Karabo Tshikube, Lara Lipschitz, Ratanang Mogotsi, Vuyelwa Maluleke and Zakeeya Patel , portrayed different characters and told their stories through thought-provoking  monologues,"girl power"songs and dance.

Emotional Creature is not only aimed at empowering ladies, but guys too.Yes, I enjoyed the fact that the play does not 'attack' guys, but rather empowers them through awareness created by hard-hitting issues dealt with in the play.

In a recent  conversation with Zakeeya Patel via SMS  she said:"It's been an incredibly busy and jam- packed run.''

Meanwhile, Lara Lipschitz tweeted:
@larabow: Last night was nuts. Charlize Theron and Sean Penn were in the audience! Thanks for the love CT, we will be back! http://pic.twitter.com/X75L1V0CyD

Ratanang Mogotsi tweeted:"@Ratanang_19: Thank you CPT you were amazing! Sleep time and early flight back to Jtown! Yeay".

As I walked out of The Baxter Flipside Theatre,  I truly felt proud to be an emotional creature!
Spotted...
          Charlize Theron and Sean Penn backstage at Emotional Creature on Saturday, 16 August 2014.
Photo Gallery









www.funkysheerahd.blogspot.com
2014
Happy Women's Month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORMER THE WILD'S SEXY ZAKEEYA PATEL ON HER SPARKLING ACTING CAREER,WHY SHE DEFINES HERSELF AS A COLOURED-INDIAN-,MUSLIM-CATHOLIC&MORE!

THE WILD'S SEXY, BAD GIRL ZAKEEYA PATEL -  On her sparkling   acting career, shares her future plans, reveals what she wants in a guy & more... IMAGE COURTESY OF GLAM FUEL. Fast facts Zakeeya describes herself as   outgoing,friendly,perceptive and hard working lady. She started acting at young age and spent most of her free time performing. she comes from a family of mixed cultural backgrounds,having lived   in Cape Town,Durban and Johannesburg. "Sometimes people don't realize that and immediately think Zakeeya Patel is a drug addict who sleeps around. When you're on set you're never drinking alcohol and you're never naked in love scenes - it's all pretend. after all.’’ 25-Year-old sexy Zakeeya Patel well -known as former saucy,wild-party girl, Amita Khan in mzansi’s premier soapie, The Wild is living her childhood fantasy. She has always dreamt of being an actress and making it big in the acting i

1 on 1 with Carl Wastie

Carl Wastie and I. Carl Wastie 1 on 1 with Carl Wastie So, I got to sit down and have a good chat with energetic media personality, Carl Wastie at a popular restaurant in Cape Town. Known for his dynamite (literally, after all, dynamite does come in small packages), who cam miss his funky mohawk? Carl is friendly and super-humble . Who is Carl Wastie in a nutshell? He is a Cape Town-based individual that feels that humility is more important than talent. I studied psychology at UCT and later worked at a video shop. People from Good Hope FM saw me at an MC gig, all thanks to the people at the video shop. So, I could say, I started my career in the entertainment industry out of a video shop. You can't believe in luck and hard work at the same time, because lucky people are those who are at the right place, at the right time. Hard workers put themselves in the right place and get there at the right time. Since then, people Good Hope FM spotted me and then Expresso . I

JAG RETURNS TO GRAND ARENA FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY!YOU READY?JAG NOW & BACK THEN+INTERVIEW WITH EMO ADAMS

The countdown has begun! Boy band JAG returns to Grand Arena for 1 night only You Ready?            '' We are all excited, nervous and sad'' Yes, JAG might be an acronym for just another group but as Cape Town gears up for their highly anticipated one night only farewell performance at the Grand West Arena on the 7 th of September, their   is certainly nothing ordinary about the former boy band made up of Emo Adams, brother Loukmaan Adams, Nur Abrahams, Sury Boltman and Mono Dullisear. Their ability to perfect harmonies, vibey personalities, energy when performing and ability to make ladies go gaga, is what makes them too cool, to be ordinary! Days before their final performance in Cape Town, Emo Adams reveals that there is definitely a high level of emotion in the air.’’ We are all excited and nervous and sad that this is the very last time people get to see us together as JAG,’’says Emo . As a group Jag decided to hit the mother city last, as they wa