Skip to main content

Q and A with some gorgeous local celebs#Women'sMonth + Events flash!


Women's Month is here!
Some of mzansi's hard-working, gorgeous & independent celebs share their plans, thoughts, favourites, & message to the women of mzansi.

Women's Day, celebrated on the 9th of August annually, has evolved into a day to not only remember and celebrate struggles and  struggle icons of the past, but it has become a platform to celebrate the present too.So, ladies stand your ground and do not wait to be pampered, spoilt, etc. Why not go and spoil yourself instead?A shopping spree?


Natalie Becker, actress&media personality


Women's Day is..&How will you be celebrating Women's Day this year ?
A reminder to celebrate being a woman every single day of the year.
I will probably be enjoying some live performances, celebrating women's day at various venues around the city.

Who is your role model&Why?
Many people have been an inspiration to me, and there isn't just one person I can single out.

Best advice you were ever given?
Life happens one day at a time.

Ultimate favourite female anthem?
It's an every person anthem - but probably the song- SHINE -

What's in your handbag at the moment?
My mobile phone, Purse, Ray-
bans from SunglassHutSA, Lip balm.

That one movie that makes you tear up every time?
Anything with talking animals in it.

Your favourite way to relax after a long day?
A long run, or walk along the ocean, or a swim in the ocean; listening to or playing classical music; luxuriating in a candlelit, warm salt bath.

Message to the women of Mzansi?

Know your power, your strength, your value.

Sydney Bailey, singer
Who is your role model&Why?
I have 3 role models in life, only one of them are still alive in spirit today. The first is Nelson Mandela. My second is Mother Teresa. My third is Jesus.
Best advice you were ever given?
"Do not care about what anyone thinks of you."  This only holds you back in life. 
Ultimate favourite female anthem?
 Run the world by Beyonce,  because there's a lot of truth in that song lol.
What's in your handbag at the moment?
At the moment in my handbag are headphones,my purse, my makeup purse, a small bottle of alien perfume, an empty packet of Doritos, and a banana peel.
That one movie that makes you tear up every time?
My sisters keeper, and basically every other movie that involves losing a loved one.
Your favourite way to relax after a long day?

My idea of relaxation is reading a book, in the bathtub, or listening to relaxing music in the bathtub. Anything that involves the bathtub!
Message to the  women of Mzansi?
Dream big and be yourself, because no one makes a better you, than you

 Kuli Roberts, radio personality 

Complete the sentence:
Women's Day is...&How will you be celebrating Women's Day this year ?
It is a day for women to reflect on the past and present.I will be celebrating by doing what I do every day and  raise money for a children's welfare,Thembisa Orphanage.

Best advice you were ever given?
My mom always said don't do strange things.
Ultimate favourite female anthem?
I will survive by Gloria Gaynor.

What's in your handbag at the moment?
A whole lot of MAC makeup especially Ruby lipstick.

That one movie that makes you tear up every time?
Beaches.
Your favourite way to relax after a long day?
A good bath and movies with my children.
Message to the  women of Mzansi?
I would like equal education for black people in the townships.


Shamilla Miller, actress
Shamilla and I.
Women's Day is...&How will you be celebrating Women's Day this year ?It's one of my best friend's birthday that day, so we are having a girls only wine excursion.

Who is your role model Why? I haven't had one solid role model in my life,  but been inspired by many people along the way. From someone well-known, to a colleague to the library lady, ect. I'm always going to admire good people with great success and inspirational stories.

Best advice you were ever given?
  
You
can't control anything in this business besides your talent...



Ultimate favourite female anthem?
(Keep on) Singing my song - Christina Aguilera.


What's in your handbag at the moment?
Lip - EVERYTHING (ice, gloss, stick-you name it), wallet, script, pens, chocolate and a bag of mixed nuts (I like to snack).
That one movie that makes you tear up every time?
I'm a typical girl: the NOTEBOOK! Duhhh, lol.

Your favourite way to relax after a long day?
The sauna.


Message to the  women of mzansi?
Women's day is a day where we can remember and acknowledge the struggle it took to get us where we are, and let that be empowering. We are special and should be celebrated.Feel inspired by the little things as well as the big. Take charge and show everyone that you are also capable of wearing the pants! Peace and love xxx.


Janine Davies, motorbike racer

Women's Day is...&How will you be celebrating Women's Day this year ?
We are doing a little something for the ladies at our church on Sunday,and I have decided to spend quality time with my mom and mom-in-law.
Who is your role model&
 Why?
Wilmarie Jansen Van Rensberg.
She was the launching pad that kick started the era of women in motorsport in SA and it is because of her inspiration that I am where I am today .
Best advice you were ever given?
It was actually from a book I read which is the 5ps - Perfect Preparation Prevents Poor Performance. 
Ultimate favourite female anthem?
Aaliyah - Try Again.
What's in your handbag at the moment?
Wow tons.. cell phone,  purse and my new Mac lipstick, that I just bought, and a portion of my purchase goes to an AIDS foundation.
That one movie that makes you tear up every time?
The Green Mile.
Your favourite way to relax after a long day?
With my hubby, and our bull terrier pup on the couch with popcorn whilst watching a movie.
Message to the  women of Mzansi?
No matter who you are, no matter what you do, You absolutely, positively do have the power to do anything you put your mind to.

 Jody Williams, singer
 Women's Day is...&How will you be celebrating Women’s Day this year?
It's a celebration of all women coming together, celebrating being women from different cultures. Different things that we struggle for, and are continuing to struggle for. It's also a celebration of all our successes. I will be with my family on Women's Day. Just to enjoy being together and appreciating the love of a family.

Who is your  role model?
My ultimate is Mr Michael Jackson! He's such an inspiration and an amazing performer! What I admire most about him is that he was an extremely hard worker, yet so so humble! I will always be an MJ supporter!

What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Don't be afraid to do something just because you're afraid of what people are going to say about you. People will judge you no matter what. 

What is your ultimate female anthem?
My ultimate female anthem for Women's Day would have to be I Will Survive! The song speaks for itself!

What is in your handbag at the moment?
1 cherry Labello, 1 peach Labello, a mirror, my ID book and my passport. 

That one movie that makes you tear up every time?
I don't think I have ever cried for a movie. Haha..maybe because I'm not into romance. I'm more of a thriller / horror kind of girl.

The best way to relax after a long day?
I will either sit on my PC and get some studying done, or I will be on the couch watching a good movie or playing PS with my brother. 

Message to the women of Mzansi?

The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes. #HappyWomensDay
Powerful quotes
“We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” – Virginia Satir

 "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt


"A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself." ~ Loretta Young

  "Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads." ~ Erica Jong


"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others." ~ Peace Pilgrim

 "If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton


You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." ~ Barbara De Angelis



                                     Events Flash..   
Funky Stuff with Vogue SA Eyewear!


Vogue SA Eyewear hosted their #StyleYourEyes event this past weekend at         Cavendish Square in cape Town.

The friendly ladies of Vogue SA Eyewear and I.
Ladies were treated to a free makeup session, all thanks to Inglot makeup.Yes,I will admit I'm totally in love with Inglot makeup, after I had my makeup done.I love the quality of their products & wide variety.

Last but not least, ladies were treated to a free photo shoot. Yes, we  were able to rock our own hand-picked eyewear from Vogue Eyewear's funky variety on display.

Last Month, Vogue Eyewear launched a new collection called the CFDA collection, inspired by Eva Mendes.

Fashion designer Charlotte Ronson, in partnership with the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. (CFDA) has partnered with Vogue Eyewear to create these Special Edition designer frames.

Vogue Eyewear's new collection oozes sophistication, while being complimented by  touches of floral or pastel hues. There is certainly something for everyone! Whatever you fancy.

Vogue Eyewear was created back in 1973. Since then, Vogue Eyewear has been designing frames and sunglasses, with their target market being mainly trendy young people around the world.

funky stuff: I totally love Vogue SA Eyewear!
              


            

        You ready?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORMER THE WILD'S SEXY ZAKEEYA PATEL ON HER SPARKLING ACTING CAREER,WHY SHE DEFINES HERSELF AS A COLOURED-INDIAN-,MUSLIM-CATHOLIC&MORE!

THE WILD'S SEXY, BAD GIRL ZAKEEYA PATEL -  On her sparkling   acting career, shares her future plans, reveals what she wants in a guy & more... IMAGE COURTESY OF GLAM FUEL. Fast facts Zakeeya describes herself as   outgoing,friendly,perceptive and hard working lady. She started acting at young age and spent most of her free time performing. she comes from a family of mixed cultural backgrounds,having lived   in Cape Town,Durban and Johannesburg. "Sometimes people don't realize that and immediately think Zakeeya Patel is a drug addict who sleeps around. When you're on set you're never drinking alcohol and you're never naked in love scenes - it's all pretend. after all.’’ 25-Year-old sexy Zakeeya Patel well -known as former saucy,wild-party girl, Amita Khan in mzansi’s premier soapie, The Wild is living her childhood fantasy. She has always dreamt of being an actress and making it big in the acting i

1 on 1 with Carl Wastie

Carl Wastie and I. Carl Wastie 1 on 1 with Carl Wastie So, I got to sit down and have a good chat with energetic media personality, Carl Wastie at a popular restaurant in Cape Town. Known for his dynamite (literally, after all, dynamite does come in small packages), who cam miss his funky mohawk? Carl is friendly and super-humble . Who is Carl Wastie in a nutshell? He is a Cape Town-based individual that feels that humility is more important than talent. I studied psychology at UCT and later worked at a video shop. People from Good Hope FM saw me at an MC gig, all thanks to the people at the video shop. So, I could say, I started my career in the entertainment industry out of a video shop. You can't believe in luck and hard work at the same time, because lucky people are those who are at the right place, at the right time. Hard workers put themselves in the right place and get there at the right time. Since then, people Good Hope FM spotted me and then Expresso . I

JAG RETURNS TO GRAND ARENA FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY!YOU READY?JAG NOW & BACK THEN+INTERVIEW WITH EMO ADAMS

The countdown has begun! Boy band JAG returns to Grand Arena for 1 night only You Ready?            '' We are all excited, nervous and sad'' Yes, JAG might be an acronym for just another group but as Cape Town gears up for their highly anticipated one night only farewell performance at the Grand West Arena on the 7 th of September, their   is certainly nothing ordinary about the former boy band made up of Emo Adams, brother Loukmaan Adams, Nur Abrahams, Sury Boltman and Mono Dullisear. Their ability to perfect harmonies, vibey personalities, energy when performing and ability to make ladies go gaga, is what makes them too cool, to be ordinary! Days before their final performance in Cape Town, Emo Adams reveals that there is definitely a high level of emotion in the air.’’ We are all excited and nervous and sad that this is the very last time people get to see us together as JAG,’’says Emo . As a group Jag decided to hit the mother city last, as they wa