Skip to main content

Updated:YOUTH DAY 101+COOL PERSONALITIES SHARE THEIR THOUGHTS,YOUTH MEMORIES,FUTURE PLANS AND MORE!

Updated:16 June 2014

#Youthday#Youthmonth2014

In a nutshell:

Youth Day, celebrated on 16 June annually in South Africa,  aims to commemorate the 1976 Soweto Uprisings.

700 students were killed, as they protested against the bantu education system at the time. Black students was forced to adopt Afrikaans as their language and was taught in Afrikaans at schools.

20 000 students decided to make their way from their schools to Orlando Stadium, on 16 June 1976, where they protested.

Cool personalities say…
Danilo Acquisto, media personality

Complete the sentence:Youth day is…A day for young people to dream of the impossible.

If you could go back to being 5 years younger ,what advice would you give yourself? I'd probably tell myself to not be so self-conscious.

Favourite subject at school?
Dramatic Arts or Biology.
Least favourite subject at school?
Most probably Zulu.
 Most memorable moments, during your youth years?
Moving to Cape Town, studying Law at UCT, being on national television, starting my first company and being a radio presenter for my own show.
How will you be celebrating youth day this year?
I will actually be broadcasting, Hectic Nine-9 from Harare in Khayelitsha at the Hubspace .

Future plans, regarding your career?
I want to be at the forefront of innovating the media industry. I also want to be able to provide loads of other people with the opportunity to feed off the opportunities.
Message to the youth of mzansi? YOU have potential. Believe in yourself, network and never stop being hungry to learn - Failure WILL come - learn to embrace it.

                               Zoe Zana, singer

Complete the sentence: Youth day is...
A  day of celebration and A  day of realisation that nothing worth having comes easy.
If you could go back to being 5 years younger ,what advice would you give
yourself?

I would have read more about our history and what our country went through, so I could have some clue of how to make a difference in our teenagers lives in their generation .

Favourite subject at school?
Dramatic Arts.
Least favourite subject at school?
Maths.
Most memorable moments ,during your
youth years?

The most memorable thing for me in my youth years in my 19th year of my life was my first year of massive change - my last year of being a child and also celebrating my 19 years of freedom a life of freedom , wow. So, being a part of Idols gave me a chance to give our youth hope.
How will you be celebrating youth day this year? I will be on stage giving back to the youth from before 20 years ago and having fun with the freedom, I have now with my generation.

Future plans regarding your career?

My future plans for my life is to keep investing into any youngsters life with music and also to become South Africa’s biggest thing internationally. I dream big right? Cause I have the freedom to do so.


Message to the youth of mzansi?  We should be grateful and thankful and always do it for those people who fought for us proud.   

Twala Ng'ambi, KFM presenter

Complete the sentence: Youth day is...the day we sit and remember what happened to the youth of 1976.

Why would you say It is important for the youth to celebrate this day?
Because...It is difficult to move forward, if you can't deal with the past.

Favourite subject at school? Maths.
Least favourite subject at school? I didn't have one. I enjoyed school.
Future plans?
To continue being in a good space. I would also like to finish my degree and continue doing well in radio.

Message to the youth?  Do well - If you can dream it, you can do it. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't.


                      Chanel  Hurlin, actress

 

Complete the sentence: Youth day is … a day to reflect on how the youth of South Africa fought long and hard against an oppressive government.

If you could go back to being 5 years younger, what advice would you give yourself?
Eat whatever you can now, because when you’re older you get fat fast.

Favourite subject at school? Maths!

Least favourite subject at school?
I would have to say Afrikaans.

Most memorable moments, during your youth years?
to Zambia with Jo-Ann Strauss and Bonang Matheba, booking the job as Gwyneth on SABC1 drama series Amaza, travelling around our beautiful province whilst filming Roughing It Out for SABC2 and the charity work, I was involved in for the environment and for the rhinos as Miss Summer Heat South Africa and a Miss Earth Finalist.

How will you be celebrating youth day this year? I will definitely be celebrating Youth Day.

Future plans, regarding your career?  I have BIG dreams and plans for myself that I put out to the universe and know that it will come back to me.

Message to the youth of mzansi?
Enjoy being young! Have dreams, know your dreams and work hard to achieving your dream. 
Have a beautiful youth Day!

              

 Dedicated to the youth who lost their lives on 16 June, 1976.

            www.funkysheerahd.blogspot .com 

             wishes you a Happy Youth Day!

                                      2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORMER THE WILD'S SEXY ZAKEEYA PATEL ON HER SPARKLING ACTING CAREER,WHY SHE DEFINES HERSELF AS A COLOURED-INDIAN-,MUSLIM-CATHOLIC&MORE!

THE WILD'S SEXY, BAD GIRL ZAKEEYA PATEL -  On her sparkling   acting career, shares her future plans, reveals what she wants in a guy & more... IMAGE COURTESY OF GLAM FUEL. Fast facts Zakeeya describes herself as   outgoing,friendly,perceptive and hard working lady. She started acting at young age and spent most of her free time performing. she comes from a family of mixed cultural backgrounds,having lived   in Cape Town,Durban and Johannesburg. "Sometimes people don't realize that and immediately think Zakeeya Patel is a drug addict who sleeps around. When you're on set you're never drinking alcohol and you're never naked in love scenes - it's all pretend. after all.’’ 25-Year-old sexy Zakeeya Patel well -known as former saucy,wild-party girl, Amita Khan in mzansi’s premier soapie, The Wild is living her childhood fantasy. She has always dreamt of being an actress and making it big in the acting i

1 on 1 with Carl Wastie

Carl Wastie and I. Carl Wastie 1 on 1 with Carl Wastie So, I got to sit down and have a good chat with energetic media personality, Carl Wastie at a popular restaurant in Cape Town. Known for his dynamite (literally, after all, dynamite does come in small packages), who cam miss his funky mohawk? Carl is friendly and super-humble . Who is Carl Wastie in a nutshell? He is a Cape Town-based individual that feels that humility is more important than talent. I studied psychology at UCT and later worked at a video shop. People from Good Hope FM saw me at an MC gig, all thanks to the people at the video shop. So, I could say, I started my career in the entertainment industry out of a video shop. You can't believe in luck and hard work at the same time, because lucky people are those who are at the right place, at the right time. Hard workers put themselves in the right place and get there at the right time. Since then, people Good Hope FM spotted me and then Expresso . I

JAG RETURNS TO GRAND ARENA FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY!YOU READY?JAG NOW & BACK THEN+INTERVIEW WITH EMO ADAMS

The countdown has begun! Boy band JAG returns to Grand Arena for 1 night only You Ready?            '' We are all excited, nervous and sad'' Yes, JAG might be an acronym for just another group but as Cape Town gears up for their highly anticipated one night only farewell performance at the Grand West Arena on the 7 th of September, their   is certainly nothing ordinary about the former boy band made up of Emo Adams, brother Loukmaan Adams, Nur Abrahams, Sury Boltman and Mono Dullisear. Their ability to perfect harmonies, vibey personalities, energy when performing and ability to make ladies go gaga, is what makes them too cool, to be ordinary! Days before their final performance in Cape Town, Emo Adams reveals that there is definitely a high level of emotion in the air.’’ We are all excited and nervous and sad that this is the very last time people get to see us together as JAG,’’says Emo . As a group Jag decided to hit the mother city last, as they wa