Skip to main content

RISING CPT MUZO GLEN HARTMANN READY TO ROCK!


RISING MUZO,GLEN HARTMANN READY TO ROCK!



’I would like to see myself as contributing something different and inspiring to the SA music scene for the foreseeable future’’

Inspired and hardworking that’s Glen Hartmann for you! Currently residing in  Cape Town  is currently making waves in the local music industry.Known for his Indie rock sounds, mixed with folk and his not-far-from perfect harmonies, chances are you will most probably find him performing at a place near you.
Waking up to the sounds of his music playing on 5FM for the firstt time, performing on television and having his Ep featured on an American website are just some of his favourite memories, he holds close to heart.

I met Glen along with his talented vocalist and manager, Kelly-Jane Mole on set of , Hectic Nine-9 earlier this year. I was serenaded by his live performance on set,wherby he performed his hit single, Mysterious deep, along with his supporting vocalist and girlfriend Kelly. ‘’The song is about going deeper into things you are passionate about. I love imagery about the sea, so I just thought that using this concept was such a perfect way to describe the idea of going deeper,’’says Glen.Having performed alongside some of Mzanzi’s biggest acts such as Jack Parrow , Ash Electric and The Brothers Streep,Glen effortlessly commands attention when on stage.Fresh from his tour around Durban, he is always ready to rock!He released his Ep,"For the Hurricane Chaser’’ in March this year,the response has been pretty rad.’’ In the EP I tried to achieve a diverse range of sounds, so I had a lot of fun experimenting with folky guitar songs, indie rock songs, and fun party synth songs. The response has been very positive! People have been telling me their favourite songs and it is always a different song for each person :).It has had a mind-blowing response with how many people have downloaded the album!’’says an enthusiastic Glen.He composes his own sounds as well as lyrics and is no stranger to songwriting, having made it to the top 10 in  the Barleycorn Music Club Songwriters competition in August last year ‘’I take elements out of various songs and genres that inspire me. Little things like guitar styles, instrument sounds, etc. I like watching live bands and I am inspired by live performances. I am also inspired by relationships and finds inspiration to write new material through everyday life experiences from people,places I visits as well as nature,’’he adds.

He is also a fan of  The Arrows,which he got see them perform live in Durban earlier this year, as well as Isochorus.Glen being an unsigned artist,as he releases all his music on hid own is determined to do his thing on his own.‘’Up until this point, releasing my music independently has been working for me, and so I hadn't properly considered joining a label. But that is not to say that I wouldn't consider it now,’’he says.

Kelly and Glen have been dating since 2009, after they met at church.Glen admits that at first it took some time getting used to separating the professional, from the personal,regarding his relationship with Kelly.They often find themselves talking about their  music plans while on dates. ‘’We work really well together and our strengths complement each other :) Now it has become so natural when we work professionally and when we are just hanging out as boyfriend and girlfriend, that the two don't negatively affect each other. And we don't argue more than a normal couple would,’’says Glen.Kelly defines working with him as soo much fun.!”We sing together a lot and I have so much fun planning our tours. I like it because he is the one who is in the spotlight, so I have all the fun without any of the pressure :),’’says Kelly,who is also an events co-ordinator.When Glen is not onstage he enjoys going out for coffee with  friends at any hangout spot that serves a good cup of coffee.If he wasn’t a muzo he would’ve probably been a lawyer he says.He's a pretty good cook too,Mm..the next Jamie Oliver?Glen also reveals that he is not a morning person.If he could change 1 thing about himself waking up earlier is certainly on the list. ‘’I often ignore my alarm as it goes off for about 40 minutes.’’he reveals.Glen admits getting nervous on  stage when he 1st started performing but the nerves have since gone away,as the excitement takes over.He reveals that his most embarrassing moment on stage was when he put his  capo on the wrong fret of his guitar and so he started the song playing in a different key to what his synth track was in! It was super awkward! And then did it again with the next song...

Q AND A WITH MR HARTMANN..


Define yourself in 3 words

Inspired, clumsy, human

How would you define your music?

I always find this hard to do, but if I had to give genres I would say indie/synth folk. This is because I love the idea of folk guitar sounds, but I also like to experiment with synthesizer sounds.

   -Biggest guilty pleasure?

I watch way too much series :)

-favourite season..

Modern Family season 4 ;) But really... I like summer and winter, because summer is warm and nice, and winter has a constant temperature so you know what to wear :) The other two seasons are just too confusing!

Must have winter fashion items\accessories?

An infinity scarf that matches your nail polish and accessories (Kelly told me to say this).

-last time you cried

I often cry laughing while watching Youtube clips :)

-Ringtone on your cellphone at the moment?

One of those iPhone ringtones.

-If you could do a colab with any artist who would it be?

     I think it would be quite fun to colab with The Lumineers :)

-Message to your fans..

Making music is nothing without having people to enjoy it, so thank you!

Q AND A WITH KELLY…

Define yourself in 3 words..

Organised, ambitious, silly

           one thing people dnt knw about u..

I read the You magazine every week :)

          Have you always wanted to sing?

Not really actually. I never considered performing live - especially on TV - but I singing harmonies so this is the perfect way for me to do that!

If you weren’t a singer,what would you be?

I am actually an events co-ordinator :)

 if you could colab with any artist who would it be?

I would love to harmonise with Marcus Mumford :)

 

 Glen signing autographs at his Ep Launch .

Check facebook.com\Glenhartmann

facebook fan page Glen Hartmann Music

 

2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORMER THE WILD'S SEXY ZAKEEYA PATEL ON HER SPARKLING ACTING CAREER,WHY SHE DEFINES HERSELF AS A COLOURED-INDIAN-,MUSLIM-CATHOLIC&MORE!

THE WILD'S SEXY, BAD GIRL ZAKEEYA PATEL -  On her sparkling   acting career, shares her future plans, reveals what she wants in a guy & more... IMAGE COURTESY OF GLAM FUEL. Fast facts Zakeeya describes herself as   outgoing,friendly,perceptive and hard working lady. She started acting at young age and spent most of her free time performing. she comes from a family of mixed cultural backgrounds,having lived   in Cape Town,Durban and Johannesburg. "Sometimes people don't realize that and immediately think Zakeeya Patel is a drug addict who sleeps around. When you're on set you're never drinking alcohol and you're never naked in love scenes - it's all pretend. after all.’’ 25-Year-old sexy Zakeeya Patel well -known as former saucy,wild-party girl, Amita Khan in mzansi’s premier soapie, The Wild is living her childhood fantasy. She has always dreamt of being an actress and making it big in the acting i

1 on 1 with Carl Wastie

Carl Wastie and I. Carl Wastie 1 on 1 with Carl Wastie So, I got to sit down and have a good chat with energetic media personality, Carl Wastie at a popular restaurant in Cape Town. Known for his dynamite (literally, after all, dynamite does come in small packages), who cam miss his funky mohawk? Carl is friendly and super-humble . Who is Carl Wastie in a nutshell? He is a Cape Town-based individual that feels that humility is more important than talent. I studied psychology at UCT and later worked at a video shop. People from Good Hope FM saw me at an MC gig, all thanks to the people at the video shop. So, I could say, I started my career in the entertainment industry out of a video shop. You can't believe in luck and hard work at the same time, because lucky people are those who are at the right place, at the right time. Hard workers put themselves in the right place and get there at the right time. Since then, people Good Hope FM spotted me and then Expresso . I

JAG RETURNS TO GRAND ARENA FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY!YOU READY?JAG NOW & BACK THEN+INTERVIEW WITH EMO ADAMS

The countdown has begun! Boy band JAG returns to Grand Arena for 1 night only You Ready?            '' We are all excited, nervous and sad'' Yes, JAG might be an acronym for just another group but as Cape Town gears up for their highly anticipated one night only farewell performance at the Grand West Arena on the 7 th of September, their   is certainly nothing ordinary about the former boy band made up of Emo Adams, brother Loukmaan Adams, Nur Abrahams, Sury Boltman and Mono Dullisear. Their ability to perfect harmonies, vibey personalities, energy when performing and ability to make ladies go gaga, is what makes them too cool, to be ordinary! Days before their final performance in Cape Town, Emo Adams reveals that there is definitely a high level of emotion in the air.’’ We are all excited and nervous and sad that this is the very last time people get to see us together as JAG,’’says Emo . As a group Jag decided to hit the mother city last, as they wa