Skip to main content

COOL PERSONALITIES SHARE THEIR THOUGHTS+PLANS ON VALENTINE'S DAy+COOL GIFT IDEAS+FAST FACTS&MORE!



 EXCLUSIVE

Valentine's Day :A celebration of love or just another Day ?



Valentine's Day, celebrated annually on the 14 February, dates back to Lupercalia, an ancient Roman celebration aimed at honouring Gods Luperius , Fanus, Ronulus and Romus. Festivities included men having to draw a women's name from a box, and remain paired with the woman until the next celebration,the following year. Truth is, Valentine's day wasn’t originally the name given to the celebration, until a priest called ,Valentine joined in and disobeyed,  Emperor Claudius 11’s rule that soldiers remain bachelors.
However,Valentine's Day has also been frowned upon by many for becoming too commercialized , and as a result becoming a money making scheme by eager businesses, hoping to fork in hundreds of rands due to gift purchases.Many have also frowned upon Valentine's day as it has been said that ,everyday should be a day love should be shown for that special someone in our lives…
                                                  Valentine's Day Movie Trailer

DAYS BEFORE VALENTINE'S DAY I CHAT TO SOME COOL PERSONALITIES, AS THEY SHARE THEIR THOUGHTS ON VALENTINE'S DAY+REVEAL THEIR PLANS FOR V.DAY!


<<<Charnice H and I_Such posers we are!
      Location:Grand West Arena, CPT

Zuraida Jardine, media personality
Zuraida and her husband, Josh

Complete the sentence...Valentine's day is… a guaranteed date and bunch of flowers from my boy.
How old were you when you received  your 1st valentine's Gift and who was it from?
My 1st Valentines gift was at the age of 7, a love letter from a boy in primary school that liked me. After school, I went straight to his dad to show him the letter his son had written me. Mean of me.
How will you be celebrating valentine's day this year?My husband and I are going away for the night and booking into a hotel for some 'us time'.
PERSONAL FAVOURITE LOVE SONGS..*Fav Love songs include:
Betty Wright - Tonight is the night
It's my turn - Diana Ross
Nina Simone - Summer Time
Neyo - Sexy Love
Linkin Park - Iridescent
LoyisoBala - Love Complete, and Insanity
 Valentines Message to your fans…
Always choose to LOVE above all else.

Hectic Nine-9 presenter , Ayanda MZK 


                                                        Ayanda and I
Complete the sentence...Valentine's day is..Valentine's day is a day for cheats to apologize for the wrong they've done in the year. That's why they would go all out and buy all these stupid gifts. You should love your partner everyday and appreciate them.
How old were you when you received  your 1st valentine's Gift and who was it from?
In my 10th Grade, from myself to myself, yes I'm serious, I was such loser when it came to romance. We had a committee at school, that sold cards, roses and chocolates and they would deliver the gift in front of your tutorial class. The card said"from anonymous".
How will you be celebrating Valentine's Day this year? With the person I love, can't tell! It could be my mom, sister, friend, or my biggest fan.
PERSONAL FAVOURITE LOVE SONGS ..Geeez there's so many, that bring tears and joy to my heart! From Anthony Hamilton - Dear God to Tamia.
Whats on your wishlist this Valentine's Day?
My wish gift is to" hear my late dads voice saying "I love you my boy" and a fashion item anything.
Love to the fullest, love everyday, love brings happiness, happiness brings success, success brings wealth! Have a UbeeeerValentines day
ZAKEEYA PATEL, actress

Complete the sentence...Valentine's day is..
naughty, fun, cheeky, sexy, happy celebration of love, life and beauty!
How old were you when you received  your 1st valentine's Gift and who was it from?
I was four years old. Riaan Rampersad, the boy I used to play kissing catches with from preschool, gave me a box of chocies and a pink sparkly card in the shape of an ice cream cone that opened into a heart. Sprawled inside it was the sweetest note.
How will you be celebrating Valentine's Day this year?
 
I am an incurable romantic! I love celebrating! This year I'll be having a decadent dessert party at my place with an intimate group of friends and lots of champers!
PERSONAL FAVOURITE LOVE SONGS
"Dance me to the end of love" by Madeleine Peyroux (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqpOFQvMM1A)
"So nice, summer samba" by Astrud Gilberto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh-5SyBn4fY)
"Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHEOF_rcND8)
"The way you make me feel" by Michael Jackson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzZ_urpj4As)

Valentines Message to your fans’..
Celebrate yourself! Spoil yourself! Learn to be amazed by the joy of your own manufacturing! Don't wait for someone else to make you happy or bring you flowers!

XOXO

Zakeeya


















SHEKHINAH DONNEL, Former SA  Idols finalist 

Complete the sentence...
Valentine's day is ... A day to celebrate and appreciate love.
How old were you when you received  your 1st valentine's Gift and who was it from?
I was in primary school and it was a gift from my best friend, we exchanged flowers.
Will you be celebrating valentine's day this year?
Probably will end up doing something with my girls, we always celebrate valentines day together if we can.
PERSONAL FAVOURITE LOVE SONGS
Pink song love song is ironically my favourite love song.
Whats on your wishlist this Valentine's Day?
I just want beautiful flowers for valentine's day (Guys what are you waiting for?Give the girl some roseshehe)
Valentines Message to your fans
Happy valentine's day to everyone lets celebrate and appreciate the love!
LANCE WITTEN, E news anchor 


















Complete the sentence... Valentine's day is.. the fourteenth of February.
How old were you when you received  your 1st valentine's Gift and who was it from?
I think I was 7or 8 when I received my first Valentine gift. It was a chocolate and a rose from the prettiest girl in my grade at Primary School.
How will you be celebrating valentine's day this year? Firstly, V-Day, this year falls on a Thursday, so I'll probably work late and seeing as it's a school night, not be out too late. We're not the "celebrate V-Day types", my wife and I.
PERSONAL FAVOURITE LOVE SONGS
Firstly, I'm not a love-song kinda guy. I mean, I like listening to them, but in terms of describing how I feel, they're trite and contrived. So, I have a list of songs that describe how I feel instead, even though they're not strictly love songs.
* Excuses by the Morning Benders (there's an awesome line in there that says "we'll still be best friends when all turns to dust")
* Plug-in Baby by Muse
* Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac
* Stand by my Woman by Lenny Kravitz
* Megalomania by Muse
* Warning Sign by Coldplay
* Amsterdam by Coldplay
...and many, many more.
Whats on your wishlist this Valentine's Day?
Any gift list, for any holiday or birthday is simple. I'm the easiest person to buy for. Scotch, preferably The Singleton.
Valentines Message to your fans
May your Valentine's Day be filled with the people you love, and may you use it as a reminder to keep the love alive throughout the year. There are still another 364 days in the year during which time the people you love should not only be able to hear that you love them, but that they are able to feel it too. And I hope you feel it too.
IRSHAAD ALLY,  Pasella presenter 
















Complete the sentence..
Valentine's day is...A commercial hoax.....hahaha...No really, I actually believed that until I explained my sentiments to a girl I really fancied and I do believed she fancied me too...but after she heard how I felt about the all holy St. Valentine's day, she became disillusioned by me....hahahhaha....I learnt my lesson and I quickly also (albeit only to win favour) became enamoured with the day of armour. In retrospect, it's the perfect day to show how you feel about someone you love...and if you don't gentlemen, all I can say is beware.
How old were you when you received  your 1st valentines Gift and who was it from?
I think I may have been 17. Who it was from is not important (my wife wouldn't like me to expound on that I'm sure) and it was a card. I know, you may think a card to be lame but I was really surprised and it made me feel special....
How will you be celebrating Valentine's Day this year?
My wife and I are both in for a huge surprise this year and I don't really think any day can top that! That being said, I've been sworn to secrecy, so please accept that I cannot tell more. As for Valentine's day, well we usually eat out at my wife's favourite restaurant, which is an Indian place called Bukhara. They have this really strangely underlit floor, which with little candles burning, makes for a romantic setting. We always end up having great conversations when we have dinner there. Thinking about it makes me actually look forward to it hahahaha.....

PERSONAL FAVOURITE LOVE SONGS
SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA! lol....I'm kidding...anything Barry white will do. Strangely, that's all I can think of right now. Get out of my head Barry!

Whats on your wishlist this Valentine's Day?
My gift list....ooooh, I've been dying to go to Mozambique for ages now, but it never seems to come together, so a trip to balmy Mozambique is what I'd like.
Valentines Message to your fans...
To everyone out there, I firmly believe that the gift of making someone feel special and loved is the best gift you can give. Whether its's with your time you give, or just giving them some attention. Whatever you may deem a gift, make sure you supplement it by making your loved ones feel special. Trust me, it brings tears to their eyes!

Cheers :)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORMER THE WILD'S SEXY ZAKEEYA PATEL ON HER SPARKLING ACTING CAREER,WHY SHE DEFINES HERSELF AS A COLOURED-INDIAN-,MUSLIM-CATHOLIC&MORE!

THE WILD'S SEXY, BAD GIRL ZAKEEYA PATEL -  On her sparkling   acting career, shares her future plans, reveals what she wants in a guy & more... IMAGE COURTESY OF GLAM FUEL. Fast facts Zakeeya describes herself as   outgoing,friendly,perceptive and hard working lady. She started acting at young age and spent most of her free time performing. she comes from a family of mixed cultural backgrounds,having lived   in Cape Town,Durban and Johannesburg. "Sometimes people don't realize that and immediately think Zakeeya Patel is a drug addict who sleeps around. When you're on set you're never drinking alcohol and you're never naked in love scenes - it's all pretend. after all.’’ 25-Year-old sexy Zakeeya Patel well -known as former saucy,wild-party girl, Amita Khan in mzansi’s premier soapie, The Wild is living her childhood fantasy. She has always dreamt of being an actress and making it big in the acting i

1 on 1 with Carl Wastie

Carl Wastie and I. Carl Wastie 1 on 1 with Carl Wastie So, I got to sit down and have a good chat with energetic media personality, Carl Wastie at a popular restaurant in Cape Town. Known for his dynamite (literally, after all, dynamite does come in small packages), who cam miss his funky mohawk? Carl is friendly and super-humble . Who is Carl Wastie in a nutshell? He is a Cape Town-based individual that feels that humility is more important than talent. I studied psychology at UCT and later worked at a video shop. People from Good Hope FM saw me at an MC gig, all thanks to the people at the video shop. So, I could say, I started my career in the entertainment industry out of a video shop. You can't believe in luck and hard work at the same time, because lucky people are those who are at the right place, at the right time. Hard workers put themselves in the right place and get there at the right time. Since then, people Good Hope FM spotted me and then Expresso . I

JAG RETURNS TO GRAND ARENA FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY!YOU READY?JAG NOW & BACK THEN+INTERVIEW WITH EMO ADAMS

The countdown has begun! Boy band JAG returns to Grand Arena for 1 night only You Ready?            '' We are all excited, nervous and sad'' Yes, JAG might be an acronym for just another group but as Cape Town gears up for their highly anticipated one night only farewell performance at the Grand West Arena on the 7 th of September, their   is certainly nothing ordinary about the former boy band made up of Emo Adams, brother Loukmaan Adams, Nur Abrahams, Sury Boltman and Mono Dullisear. Their ability to perfect harmonies, vibey personalities, energy when performing and ability to make ladies go gaga, is what makes them too cool, to be ordinary! Days before their final performance in Cape Town, Emo Adams reveals that there is definitely a high level of emotion in the air.’’ We are all excited and nervous and sad that this is the very last time people get to see us together as JAG,’’says Emo . As a group Jag decided to hit the mother city last, as they wa