Skip to main content

CONTROVERSIAL SIV NGESI ONE OF SA'S LEADING ENTERTAINERS ON SUCCESS,FAME AND MORE!MUST READ

ONE OF SA'S LEADING ENTERTAINERS ON SUCCESS, FAME & MORE 


PROFILE
"Talent means Jack-Sh#T if you don’t have the passion , drive , self believe and hustle…. "


Determined, controversial and loving are 3 words which  Siv Ngesi ; one of South Africa’s leading men in the entertainment industry defines himself by. He is certainly a jack of all trades, being a master in his crafts as a multi-talented award-winning stand-up comedian, actor and MC. Siv has not only become a hit on the  South Africa scene, 
, but the international scene too, having starred in many well-noted international productions!!!

  I found it hard to believe Siv is actually 27, or should I rather say 27 years-young, as he appears rather younger looking, Mmm, born in Gugulethu in Cape Town, he later moved to Pinelands, where he grew up. At 7-years-old, Siv started attending speech and drama classes, and at only 10-years-old, Siv got the opportunity to perform for former president, Nelson Mandela at his birthday party, an opportunity that many can only dream of.After completing his high school career at Pinelands High in Cape Town, Siv took a gap year and toured the U.S.A for more than a year doing odd jobs, including scrubbing toilets, a job which he proudly reveals on his CV. Mmm…proud hustler alert?

Given the title of being amongst the Top 200 young South African’s just last year, Siv holds many leading
acting credits next to his name, having starred alongside top actors including Clint Eastwood and Matt Damon in the movie Invictus, based on  the 1995 South African Rugby World Cup, as well as Keifer Sutherland  and John Voigt in Redemption 24. 

Siv’s latest movie appearance was in Copposites, which was released in South Africa in October this year, where he plays the role of a black crook, Sharky Majola, who finds himself trapped in the body of a white cop, Jan Venter, after being caught in a DNA experiment gone wrong, if you haven’t checked Copposites yet, bet you check it soon, as it will leave you in stitches!
Siv, known as a comedian who likes pushing the envelope with  racially motivated gags when doing stand-up comedy is a global ovation award-winner, due to the success of his one-man comedy show Dekaf, which was staged in 2010 at the National Grahams Town Arts Festival.

 Siv’s latest award-winning one man,comedy show offering The Race Card  has caused quite a stir amongst audiences across mzansi,  as he pokes fun at different race groups in South Africa.The Race Card, which enjoyed a sell-out season, will be on show at the Baxter Theatre again next year, due to popular demand. 

Although Siv had a thing for fame when he was younger, he admits often getting shy when he is recognized in public and has had some rather crazy fan moments, including an incident where a female groupie flashed her bits in a nude pic via BBM.

According a source, Siv is quite a sporty guy, as he is active in  karate, rugby,cricket and is also quite a cricket fan and can sing too…Besides acting and comedy, he is also an MC having done MC work for the Nelson Mandela Foundation, as well as a motivation speaker at schools where he aims to inspire young people to succeed, and is also the owner of The Give Back foundation where he sponsors disadvantaged children.

That’s not all…………………………..

I hear in 2013 we will be seeing more of Siv!

EXCLUSIVE Q AND A WITH…

Define yourself in 3 words
Determined, controversial and Loving….(only 3 words? SJO you’re hectic) .

Have you always wanted to be famous?
Growing up I always wanted to be famous and in the public eye. I was always the center of attention and I got in trouble for it. But the older I get, the less I want to be famous , I just wanna do what I love and getting paid for it is an merrily an incredible bonus.  I am not religious but I feel so blessed.

 How did you get into stand up comedy?
I’v been getting paid for acting work since I was 9-years- old and I started speech and drama at 7. But 5 years ago, my best friend and award-winning comedian, David Newton(now living in LA) , watched me in a stage comedy show and after the show he came to me and said “Siv lets write you , your own one-man stand up show.” I have never looked back since.

 If you could choose between acting and stand up comedy ,what would you choose and why?
Wow , you are asking me to pick between my 2 wives (Zuma tendencies). No that would be a very easy choice, Acting is my everything and it keeps me alive. I always say acting is my wife and comedy is just the other woman , I have on the side or that comedy is just my waitressing job… Acting is not a full-time job or a part-time job, it’s a full-time obsession.

 What were some of the challenges you were faced with when preparing for your role as Sharky in the movie Copposites?
I have to say having to put on 2 accents for one movie and play 2 different characters with 2 different physicality’s was the biggest challenge for me. I had to put on a deep black accent and an Afrikaans accent. But Rob Van Vuuren made it so fun and easy.

 Have you had any embarrassing moments on stage?
Every time a joke falls flat, or when the audience is just not feeling me…. My ears heat up and I just want to die on that stage.  But I always try learn from those negative experiences. In comedy, we call it dying , that’s how brutal it is, but when you do well it’s called killing.

 Who are your role models in the entertainment industry?
My mom and Michael Jackson always said, steal traits from many different people and create your own self.So, I have many different role models in the industry, but I could never list them all because I have “stolen” from so many. Call me a smooth criminal.

Have you ever been lashed out by a fan who felt offended by something you said on stage doing stand up comedy?
What comedian hasn’t been?!!! But surprisingly it hasn’t happened much with me , my shows are all race-related and I cross the line, like Julius Malema on steroids, but I always try get people to like me on that stage , so, I make a great first impression.David once told me “make a great first impression and you can f##k up as much as you like” and “ Siv, just smile and you can say what ever you like.”

 Define how 2012 was for you in a nutshell
2012 was the year of hard work and great reward, but 2012 is only the set up year for 2013, I believe if you put in the hard work in 2012, 2013 will be an incredible year .
“If you didn’t know who Siv Ngesi was, now you do…” 2012 Quote

 What advice do you have for people wanting to get in to the entertainment industry
Talent means jack-shit (yes I just said shit) , I repeat talent means jack-shit if you don’t have the passion , drive , self believe and hustle….  Talent doesn’t entitle you for Success. Many talented people die poor and with nothing in their name..

 Where can fans see you perform live this festive season and do you have any new shows etc lined up for next year?
I have a few gigs here and there, but mostly in-house corporate events and I leave for Thailand for a while and I will be back refreshed and ready to own 2013 hard.
Next year, I launch my first time back to straight theatre in nine years,  I go back to my love of drama. I perform my new one-man show at the Artscape and National Arts festival. So, next year my fans can see me in a drama and my award-winning stand up show Race Card. Next year is the year to challenge Siv.

 Is it true that you will be starring in the movie A long walk to freedom next year?
Yes, I will be in Long Walk to Freedom, with Idris Elba playing Madiba. All I will say is that he will blow your mind like Cape Town wind and he will win an Oscar for his flawless portrayal of my hero and father of the nation Madiba. I am honoured to be part of this movie.
.

If you got it flaunt it....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FORMER THE WILD'S SEXY ZAKEEYA PATEL ON HER SPARKLING ACTING CAREER,WHY SHE DEFINES HERSELF AS A COLOURED-INDIAN-,MUSLIM-CATHOLIC&MORE!

THE WILD'S SEXY, BAD GIRL ZAKEEYA PATEL -  On her sparkling   acting career, shares her future plans, reveals what she wants in a guy & more... IMAGE COURTESY OF GLAM FUEL. Fast facts Zakeeya describes herself as   outgoing,friendly,perceptive and hard working lady. She started acting at young age and spent most of her free time performing. she comes from a family of mixed cultural backgrounds,having lived   in Cape Town,Durban and Johannesburg. "Sometimes people don't realize that and immediately think Zakeeya Patel is a drug addict who sleeps around. When you're on set you're never drinking alcohol and you're never naked in love scenes - it's all pretend. after all.’’ 25-Year-old sexy Zakeeya Patel well -known as former saucy,wild-party girl, Amita Khan in mzansi’s premier soapie, The Wild is living her childhood fantasy. She has always dreamt of being an actress and making it big in the acting i

1 on 1 with Carl Wastie

Carl Wastie and I. Carl Wastie 1 on 1 with Carl Wastie So, I got to sit down and have a good chat with energetic media personality, Carl Wastie at a popular restaurant in Cape Town. Known for his dynamite (literally, after all, dynamite does come in small packages), who cam miss his funky mohawk? Carl is friendly and super-humble . Who is Carl Wastie in a nutshell? He is a Cape Town-based individual that feels that humility is more important than talent. I studied psychology at UCT and later worked at a video shop. People from Good Hope FM saw me at an MC gig, all thanks to the people at the video shop. So, I could say, I started my career in the entertainment industry out of a video shop. You can't believe in luck and hard work at the same time, because lucky people are those who are at the right place, at the right time. Hard workers put themselves in the right place and get there at the right time. Since then, people Good Hope FM spotted me and then Expresso . I

JAG RETURNS TO GRAND ARENA FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY!YOU READY?JAG NOW & BACK THEN+INTERVIEW WITH EMO ADAMS

The countdown has begun! Boy band JAG returns to Grand Arena for 1 night only You Ready?            '' We are all excited, nervous and sad'' Yes, JAG might be an acronym for just another group but as Cape Town gears up for their highly anticipated one night only farewell performance at the Grand West Arena on the 7 th of September, their   is certainly nothing ordinary about the former boy band made up of Emo Adams, brother Loukmaan Adams, Nur Abrahams, Sury Boltman and Mono Dullisear. Their ability to perfect harmonies, vibey personalities, energy when performing and ability to make ladies go gaga, is what makes them too cool, to be ordinary! Days before their final performance in Cape Town, Emo Adams reveals that there is definitely a high level of emotion in the air.’’ We are all excited and nervous and sad that this is the very last time people get to see us together as JAG,’’says Emo . As a group Jag decided to hit the mother city last, as they wa